Friday, July 22, 2011

The Southern Catholic!

@TheSouthCath

Welcome to the Southern Catholic's blog!

This is the satirical view of the world from a person who has never taken a damn thing seriously and probably never will.  It'll make you laugh, it'll make you mad and it'll make you think stuff about things you never thought possible.

I was born the single solitary offspring of a transient carpet bagger's son and a 4th generation Alabama sharecropper's daughter.  Raised up Catholic in a small southern town never got old!  Except for the burning crosses in my yard, but that happens, it's like telling a bird not to build a nest.

I'll never understand why people were so uncomfortable with an alter boy with a confederate flag t-shirt on under his robe or why I couldn't eat ribs on Fridays during lent... "But, you love ribs!" they'd say.. But they got over it....

Now, sit back and enjoy this blog of things that have been described in the past as "diarrhea of the mouth."

No topic is safe here.  We'll go from college football to Apple computers all the way back to hunting then to movies.

It'll mostly be PG-13, but if something needs to be said, I'm going to say it.  We all know that to be true, don't we?  Isn't that right "Auburn Fan" in the mall that didn't know the official all time Iron Bowl record?  I don't give a damn if you do have your kids with you, you'll get it right or you'll pay the price.

Posts will be broken down into 3 types:

Stories:  Mostly from growing up in the backwoods of North Alabama, going to a small high school in a small town and then going to school in Tuscaloosa at The University of Alabama.

Opinions:  I don't know why, but I've got very strong opinions on everything from oatmeal to the type of suit the President wears.  I'll be laying down the law on many of the subjects in between.

Random Thoughts & Concepts:  These are things I come up with for no reason.  And they're usually pretty interesting if not funny as well.

Rants:  Things that've got me pissed off, please excuse these.  They're the dying and paying taxes of this blog.

@TheSouthCath

1 comment: